IoT security is the precautionary measure to fortify the security of IoT devices and reduce their vulnerabilities to attacks from criminals. The growing security threats to IoT underline the importance of finding solutions that can address the issues and reduce the possibilities of cyber attacks.
By correlating data from a gamut of functions can identify malicious and suspicious anomalies in the networks. Multi-dimensional security analytics allows security experts to correct these anomalies and prevent them from having a negative impact on the connected devices. Following are some of the IoT security challenges and their preventions:
Security Analytics Companies: Access Data, Active Countermeasures, Cybereason, Devo, Digital Resolve.
Data Encryption: The data that users send are encoded and can be retrieved by the users. Hackers always seek to steal these data. Some probable ways to safeguard the data from them:
• Users should use the Secure Sockets Layer Protocol (SSL) to deal with data online. Websites use SSL certification to encrypt and protect their user data.
• Data needs to be encrypted during wireless data transmission. Users should use a wireless protocol with inbuilt encryption. It assures that there are sensitive data locations only available for specified users.
• Use firewalls in case of web applications.
Data authentication: After the data is encrypted the device can be hacked. To solve the issue proper protocols can be used:
• The anonymity of the customer.
• Establishment of a secure session key.
• Mutual authentication.
IoT hardware issues: Many advanced companies have started making security amendments to their smart devices. As IoT attracts masses it stirs many security issues and makes smart devices vulnerable to cyber attacks.
The chips companies use to secure devices increase their manufacturing costs. Also, complex designs need more battery power. And secured devices will not be affordable to everyone. Safe and secure hardware with cost-efficient solutions can make IoT devices approachable to everyone.
Data storage: Data can be stored online but backing them up to face a great deal. The sources where data is backed up should be the safest to avoid stealing by intruders. Using hardcore passwords in the devices and enabling two-way authentication can tackle the issue.
Check out: Top Security Analytics Companies.